Saturday, May 21, 2005

The news is funnier in the comics pages

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - This whole business about Newsweek and Qurans being flushed - or not flushed - was the topic of yesterday's photo/cartoon, probably the most intelligent discussion I've seen about it.

Right now the public is in a 'shoot the messenger mode,' which I remember clearly from my days as a newspaper editor. I once wrote story about a State of California Health Department report, saying that if the hospital in Grass Valley didn't clean up its act, the state would move to close it.

So, at a community meeting two days later, the crowd was furious - at me - for publishing the 'negative story' about their hospital.

Kind of makes you understand what's going on in Kansas with 'Intelligent Design.'

No comments:

Post a Comment