Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Exercise is exercise, but naked yoga?

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - Just as I was donning my IPod, running shoes and ball cap for my three-mile, sweat-inducing, heart-pounding run along the river, I saw this story in today's San Francisco Chronicle.
  • Yoga story

  • Lift and stretch. Lift and stretch.

    But what struck me about the story wasn't the content or even the striking photos (all pretty tasteful), it was that a daily newspaper in a major city printed the story and the photos.

    Of course, that's because it's San Francisco. Try running the photo posted with this blog in Phoenix or Sacramento or Detroit.

    The letters to the editor would be flying, the old crabasses out there would be cancelling their subscriptions and the publishers would be hiding in their offices, afraid of the angry people at the counter. If those old cranks cancel their subscriptions, well, who will read the newspaper? (The young people, you dipsticks, the young people.)

    But nice job, San Francisco Chronicle! Nice job, as usual.

    In the meantime, I'll head out for my run, fully clothed, but dreaming of Lift and stretch. Lift and stretch.

    Almost as inspiring as my IPod music.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment