Monday, April 25, 2005

Surf is up and the jellyfish are gone

PARADISE VILLAGE BEACH, Nayarit, Mexico - The surf was up big time yesterday and my newest crew member, Victor from Victoria (no that is not a joke) tried his hand at boogie boarding for the first time.

Predictably, he had a blast.

Victor works for the water department in Victoria, Canada and was in Puerto Vallarta nearly 20 years ago.

We stayed out on the beach waaaay too long for Canadian skin. Mine nose is a nice shade of pink, too, but it was fun. Then there was a potluck at which 'The Queen of Banderas Bay' was shown. It got rave reviews and requests for copies. Watch out Michael Moore, I'm moving up.

It occured to me as I was watching the people watch the short film, that I might try a video of the Class of '66 reunion in the summer of 2006... The possibilities for drama, humor and ? are great.

Today was provisioning day for the trip north - about $300 worth of groceries for the voyage. In the U.S., the same stuff would have cost twice that. The boys are going to eat very, very, well.

Wednesday I expect to wave goodbye to the ship and then head straight for the airport and my flight back to Sacratomato.

It's been a great ride down here - and not just on the boogie boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment