Friday, April 29, 2005

The new computer, an Ipod and oh my God...

SACRAMENTO - The old laptop, she ain't what she used to be, to paraphrase the song.

After visiting the Apple technowhizzes, I've ended up with a brand-new computer, which is certainly nice, but, of course, all of the old email and most of the settings that I spent three years installing are gone in a flash.

Mille fois merde! (Remember the language lesson?)

(But I threw in an Ipod, might as well have a few tunes to listen to while doing all this computer work.)

Sabbatical is probably 300 miles into its journey, making record time, though the bad boys on board haven't emailed this morning to let us know where they might be. We estimate Cabo San Lucas this afternoon and then out into the big water of the Pacific.

In the meantime, the sun has come out here in Sacramento and it feels like summer, almost.

When I got the university for a meeting in an hour or so (ugh) I will take the Miata with the top down. Not a bad way to go.

Look for photos with the next blog, if I can figure out how to make the X@%$!@%@#$$!@%$#@%@^@#^@ camera talk to the computer...

No comments:

Post a Comment