Sunday, April 10, 2005

The press of deadlines, the deadlines of press

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - After a delightful day of doing, well, not much Saturday, the deadlines for writing woke me up at 4 a.m., but instead of getting up and tapping on the keys for a few hours, I slipped back to sleep having three dreams in quick succession.

One had me working in a newspaper newsroom and I couldn't figure out how to get the computer to work to send my stories to the composing room. That was either a nightmare or a stray memory from so many years of having that happen.

The second I was in a boat with a friend and we were being chased by abnormally large crocodiles.

In the third, I needed to move from a house in the suburbs to the country - a house that had been spray-painted with graffitti by local teenage miscreants.

I should have gotten out of bed at 4 and would have been several thousand words to the good by now. But sometimes such early morning (late night?) exercises leave me so drained that the for entire day, I'm pretty worthless.

Hey! I heard that! (This blog has a special feature added to it by the new U.S. Atty. General that lets me read your mind when I say things like 'I'm pretty worthless.' Pretty neat, huh?)

The procrastination here has to end for now, just in time to shift over the new blog I created yesterday for the Class of '66.

More procrastination or simply part of my writing day?

Rejoice! We conquer!

No comments:

Post a Comment