Friday, April 01, 2005

A Bright Angel arrives in Paradise

PARADISE VILLAGE MARINA, Nayarit, Mexico - As I was packing to come back to the U.S., Jill and Michael Gottlieb cruised in on Bright Angel, their Ericson 35.

I met Jill and Mike in Zihuatenejo last year and then again in Mazatlan in the fall. Mike finished a novel while cruising (no, I don't hate him, I hate his work ethic). Jill is his editor and my favorite mental image is of her sitting on the bow of their boat in Ixtapa Marina, thumbing through pages of his first draft.

The Bright Angels, I thought, had run out of cruising money back around Jan. 1, but perhaps a book contract came through. (Now I do hate him!) Or maybe, like many cruisers, they just decided to figure out how to stretch those pesos a little farther.

I had to dash to the aeropuerto and didn't get a chance to talk with them before leaving Wednesday for the USSA. But maybe through the magic of email we'll talk.

And maybe Mike will give me the name of his book agent.

mjf

No comments:

Post a Comment