Sunday, July 10, 2005

Thunderstorms, three flights later - home!

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - I would never kiss the tarmac at any airport, but I was very glad to get off the airplane at Sacramento last night at 10:30 p.m., three planes and one thunderstorm after leaving Valois at noon.

The storms were between Elmira and Philly, then two more flights, Philadelphia to Chicago and Chicago to Sacramento. And those second flights seemed waaay long, even with the movie on flight II - Miss Congeniality II.

But the wonderful surprise was getting picked up by daughter Anne and grandaughter Samantha at the airport and then coming home to find they had decorated my condo in birthday mode!

Takes the sting out of hitting 57 today. (Gawd, I remember my 17th birthday.)

The entire house is decked out with decorations, streamers, balloons, birthday napkins, you name it. So cool and I'm trying to figure out where I can sit down without disturbing anything!

Today is recover from travel day, and get organized for the next couple of weeks. At least four stories on the horizon for the next five days and I hope there are also a couple of swimming expeditions with Samantha and lunches with Anne.

But first, time to make a list...or go back to bed and start over tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment