Friday, July 01, 2005

36 hours until the ceremony - Arrggh!

VALOIS, N. Y. - The memorial ceremony for my late mother-in-law Louise starts at 3 p.m. Sunday, not that long from now, and in the meantime, we have to:

-- Get 100 chairs and set them up in front yard
-- Fix enough food for probably 150 people
-- Figure out where-the-hell the cars will park
-- Draw up a program

Oh, yeah. And I have to figure out what I am going to do as kind of a master of ceremonies.

Merde.

The photo today is of what the place looked like yesterday morning, when I wondered if the best strategy was to feign illness and take to my bed. Not that that would help much. Our inflatable bed has, well, de-flated and now we are sleeping on futon springs designed by former Japanese prisoners of war, getting their revenge by selling futons through Wal-Mart. (Yes, I am ashamed of myself buying the futon and inflatable bed from Wal-Mart. But you try shopping in Watkins Glen, New York!)

No, I'll throw something together as emcee, if I ever get a break from cleaning out the front yard where the ceremony is going to be held.

Maybe I should tell that story I sent out earlier in the week with the "Shall We Gather At the River" punchline.

But supposed nobody laughed?

New strategy called for. But that's after the rest of the !$#@$^&(%#$@^%#$&* crap is cleaned up and taken away to the dump.

Manana, amigos, manana.

No comments:

Post a Comment