Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Violinist makes a big splash in PV and on the Net

PARADISE VILLAGE MARINA, Nayarit, Mexico - Most nights, in the small shopping mall next to the marina, we have music of one kind or another. And this young lady played wonderfully for several hours two nights ago, serenading the hundreds of Mexican tourists who have filled the resort for 'Semana Santa,' Holy week.

This morning, when I uploaded the photo, I received 23 hits within the first five minutes it showed up on my photo website, 'flickr.com' - more than the photo of Paris Hilton.

Hard to believe how many music lovers are lurking out there, cruising photo sites.

Today I head out of Paradise and back to Sacramento for a few weeks. I have a pit stop in San Diego to drop off a cable at the rig shop and to have dinner with amigos at the Silver Gate Yacht Club.

And there will be a little politicking, too, as I hope to land a slip for Sabbatical at the Yacht Club - where the rates are about one-third of commercial marinas.

It will be nice to be back in Sacramento zip codes, but dang, I will miss that violin music.

mjf

No comments:

Post a Comment